Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunset Serenade

Last week I just had to enjoy a visit to the enchanting spot where Daggett Creek flows into Mores Creek. The rain has melted the snow here in my yard, but with that slight elevation gain as I drive up into the Boise Mountains comes a return to winter. An iced-over river, some sunset glow reflected between dark evergreen shapes, and in the middle of it all a vibrant, bubbling song.


And, there, on a rock where Daggett Creek flows into Mores Creek sits a Dipper, alternately singing and preening in the sunset light.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jonathan, that is sweet! I love the dipper's melodic intonations, the perfect companion to the lap and gurgle of sunset ripples. It was delightful to share -- thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shot of the creek. It IS a wonderful spot. I'm looking forward to lots of bird (and scenic) photos from there in the spring because I know you'll return to it.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Beautiful post!