Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012, Here We Go!

Looks like 2012 is off to a great start. The sunrises and sunsets have been spectacular. Here's sunrise earlier this week.

Cyndi and I have been involved in various pursuits to try to stay active and creative. She's invited me to her English Country Dance group, and they put up with my mistakes in a most collegial way, so I'm giving it a try. I'll let you know when the YouTube video is ready for prime time.

Last weekend Cyndi, her daughter Emily, and I took a class in pottery. I threw a few bowls and a plate.

Cyndi bought Emily a class in glass blowing, and Emily made some marvelous Christmas ornaments. This one was very colorful!

And, Cyndi took a class in enamel, and one of the results is pictured below.

Snowy Owls have been in the news, wandering far south of their usual arctic haunts. On Christmas Eve Cyndi and I went to see a pair of them that came to a nearby town. Here's the whiter one.

We went back again today, and though it was in a different field it was still in the same general area. This time I tried to photograph it through my scope.

So far 2012 has been an exciting year, and I have high hopes for adventure and excitement as the year unfolds. Looks like there's gonna be an annular eclipse of the sun sweeping across the continent not to far from me. Count me in.

No comments: