Monday, September 2, 2013

Nevada

Cyndi and I visited Nevada in the spring.  I saw a new Life Bird, the Lucy's Warbler.  The photo leaves quite a bit to be desired.  I'll have to visit again, I suppose, and try again.



This Cooper's Hawk was near the Desert National Wildlife Refuge Corn Creek Station.



We visited the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve, and enjoyed the Black-capped Gnatcatchers.



Some of the desert cacti were in bloom.





When I saw these next two birds (Great-tailed Grackle and a Hummingbird) it made me think of that game, Angry Birds.  They do seem to be grumpy about something!





Here is a Prickle Poppy in bloom, with a Joshua Tree in the background.



I think the nicest photo I captured was this Lincoln's Sparrow, another bird seen at the Corn Creek Station, north of Las Vegas.



No comments: