Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two Birds with One Shot

I'm home from an adventure-filled week of birding in southern Oregon and northern California. I now have to edit a lot of photos, which is fun, but time-consuming. Some birds I saw for the first time in my life, but never got a single photo. On the other hand, I have some photos which I'll be scrutinizing for some time, trying to figure out if that is a Juniper Titmouse or Oak Titmouse ... in the past they were just called the Plain Titmouse and their range overlaps in one tiny place ... the place I visited.

Can you imagine my surprise when I looked through the photos and found this one! I admit I was trying to photograph the Great Egret in flight, which was no easy feat to begin with. Then some darned Red-winged Blackbird horned into the photo shoot.

No comments: